To change your password in Windows 8 is a lot easier than in previous versions, and anyone will be able to quickly pick up and learn how to do this. Microsoft did some interesting things to Windows 8, and a few of these changes will really help the normal computer user use their PC.
Of course, these changes will affect power users, but they can always modify Windows 8 to work for them. So without further ado, how to update, change, remove, add a password to your Windows 8 Local Account.
Changing Your Local Password
- Open your Start Menu (Page with all the Programs) and click on your Name on the upper right of the screen.
- On the drop down list, click on the “Change Account Picture” link. This is the fastest way to get into the PC Settings for the user.
- In the PC Settings App, navigate on the left to “Sign-in Options”.
- Now you can change various Password settings. If you would like to remove a password, just go to “Change Password” and don’t enter anything and hit “Ok” or “Save”.
- To now exit this “App”, move your cursor or tap the upper left of the screen to your Desktop.