Our site remains ad-free thanks to our affiliates. This post's featured affiliate is NordVPN. Online VPN service that encrypts your internet traffic and hides your IP with physical location. Upgrade your privacy and security now.
The post is not sponsored by the above affiliate and the content here is not representative of their company.
If you have used CamStudio, you may of noticed files don’t work after 2GB filesize. This is an issue with the program that has not been resolved for many years. But don’t fret, there is a fix for it if you do happen to go over the 2GB limit.
You will need VirtualDub. VirtualDub is a video processor, which allows you to render and process videos using a set of plugins and settings. For instance you can stabilize videos, color correct, change formats, and reprocess the video files.
Repairing the File
- First open Veedub.exe or Veedub64.exe. This will open the GUI interface for us to work with.
- Drag your corrupt AVI file into VirtualDub, or go to File > Open and search for the file. The first way is probably faster.
- Under Video, change to Full Processing Mode to make VirtualDub re-process and fix the corrupt frames.
- Under Video, change the Compression to anything… You don’t have to do this but if you don’t you will be left with a huge file size like 100GB or so.
- Go to File > Save as AVI and pick a new file name to save this to. Don’t overwrite the old file because if this doesn’t work you will be really out of luck.
And that is it, this should resolve you issue. There is a video on this also that I did, that you can find below.